MTR Elizabeth line (MTREL) is an award-winning UK train operator. Together, we transform rail journeys in London, proud of our unique contribution to keeping our city moving.
In July 2014, we were awarded the Elizabeth line concession by Transport for London (TfL). We currently operate TfL Rail services which, when Crossrail construction works are complete, will form the Elizabeth line: a new railway through central London that connects Reading and Heathrow Airport in the west, with Shenfield and Abbey Wood in the east.
Our concession agreement is built around performance targets set by TfL, which is responsible for ticketing and fare revenue collection. This performance regime means we are dedicated to keeping our customers satisfied, making our stations a safe and welcoming place to be and running our train services safely and on time.
How we are transforming London
The completion of the Crossrail construction project will mark the introduction of full Elizabeth line services through London. This transformative and ground-breaking new railway will result in:
- Excellence in customer service through 41 Elizabeth line stations
- Providing approximately 700 timetabled services per day
- A peak timetable frequency of 24 trains per hour
- An estimated 200 million passengers will use the Elizabeth line annually
- Totalling an estimated 11.4 million train service km per year
MTR Elizabeth line is committed to creating jobs for local people and has welcomed over 1,000 new colleagues, 75% from within local communities and facilitated up to 500 apprenticeships.
Connecting people and communities
Our business is all about connecting people: getting them where they need to be, on time and safely. Our MTR Elizabeth line colleagues represent the diversity of our great city and the people who live and work there. Our team is central to running the railway and are responsible for:
- Running train services safely and on time. From the Fleet team who work with suppliers to ensure the reliability of our trains, to our dedicated Drivers and Control colleagues.
- Our Customer Experience colleagues are available to assist customers from the first train in the morning until the last train at night, keeping ticket offices open and dispatching trains.
- Experienced teams keep our stations and trains clean, safe and secure.
- We work closely with industry partners such as Transport for London, Network Rail and Bombardier to ensure we continue to offer the highest standard of service on a daily basis.